Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Night Lights

So. It's Friday. Specifically Friday night. School's out for the week, it's now Spring Break, and there's no real stressing assignments/issues/events to worry about at the moment.

Shouldn't I be out on the town, enjoying myself with my friends, trolling the malls, or in some way getting out of the house and having a good time?
Oh, nooooooooooo...........
Instead, I'm sitting at home waiting for the time to pass for no specific reason, and trolling fanfiction.net for hopefully something good to read. That even means flicking through my long favorites list for a story that maybe I haven't read four times.
Hmph.

Maybe I'll work on that drawing piece for the Anti-Cliche and Mary-Sue Elimination Society. Yes, I had to put that in. It's a big part of my life, now. I've met so many people through that. Fanfiction is probably a better place to meet people then going outside and hitting a bar. And it's almost guaranteed to have someone with likes and hobbies like yours.
It would be very, very cool if it was possible to set up a ACMSES meeting. Like a huge party of some sort. It'd be hard, though, because we span countries, and not just states. A lot of us live in the US, and then there's a good bunch in England. And just think how expensive that would be. Lodging, food, transportation. I'm wincing already at the numbers my brain is pulling up. If one of us won the jackpot lottery we might be able to do it, but only then.
*shakes head* Pipe dream, but a nice one nonetheless.
Maybe we couldn't do a huge, everyone-in-one-spot meeting, but what about a regional one?
We'd have to split up the US into three or four regions, because, frankly? The US is huge. You can fit two or three Englands in it and have room for a bit more. A east coast, central, and west coast meetings. Not sure about across the pond. And I think there's a couple people in other places/countries. Hmmm.....This is much more doable, but still expensive. *is pensive*

And the concentrated insanity....governments all over the world would be watching us to make sure we didn't do/start anything nasty. *cackles evilly* Be worth it just for that.
Lord, the fanfiction we could write.

Hail, hail! Cower before us! The ACMSES is meeting and we are a force to be reckoned with!

Mmmmm.....boosted my mood just by thinking this up. *smiles* I love you guys, ACMSES.

Well, I'm off to go do some drawing. Seems my visual muse is awake and raring!

Current song playing:
Careless Whisper, by Seether.

I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor
As the music dies, something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen and all those sad goodbyes.

I'm never gonna dance again
Cause guilty feet have got no rhythm.
Though it's easy to pretend,
I know you're not a fool.
I should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I'd been given.
So I'm never gonna dance again,
The way I danced with you.

Time can never mend
The careless whispers of a good friend.
To the heart and mind
Ignorance is kind
And there's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find.

I'm never gonna dance again
Cause guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you

Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose the crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say
We could have been so good together
We could have lived this dance forever
But now who's gonna dance with me?
Please stay!

I'm never gonna dance again
Cause guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste the chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you!

1 comment:

  1. Heh, that would be awesome, wouldn't it? I'm sure every forum/online organization has harbored dreams of an RL meeting, but the bigger we get, the less likely it is to happen. (Or more likely...)

    Can't wait to see what you'll draw!

    --The Teenage Philosopher

    ReplyDelete