Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seeing the Future Through My Mother's Eyes.

Ok. So. Another random factoid about my life. My mom could easily be considered a senior citizen. She is at most restaurants.
She once got called my grandmother at Ocean City. I found this extremely amusing. She didn't.

Anyway. She was looking out the window of our house, at a large group of kids walking by. She shook her head and I asked her why.
To paraphrase, she was disgused at the fact that they were dressed sloppily, rude, inconsiderate, and any other manner of negative adjectives.
Now, I've had the unfortunate experience of having had to walk by these kids. All those adjectives in the line above? Completely true. When a 10 year old can cuss better than a high-school senior, you know something's wrong.
My point is, my mom is really starting to remind me of the 'unsociable old person' that tends to turn into a hermit in the movies.
I'm not all that sure of what my reaction should be. I love my mom, but......

Another reason for this post? I see the world's future crashing down around me. The world is screwed if the future is left to them. No such thing as common decency anymore.
Is this one of those times where if you don't laugh, you cry?
Lord help us all.

Song of the moment:
Dust in the Wind by Kansas

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity
Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind
Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Dust in the wind,
All we are is dust in the wind

Don't hang on,
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away, all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind,
All we are is dust in the wind

1 comment:

  1. I must say I COMPLETELY agree with you. I can only imagine what the history books are going to say about us.

    I know people in my school who don't even know what the Constitution is and who believe that the world is going to fall down at their feet and bow. My only hope is that I kick the bucket before I see our society hit rock bottom...

    ReplyDelete